This information is being provided as a resource for our readers. Ultimately it is up to you what you and your family will do and if you choose to go out. If you have a fever or are feeling ill please stay home and contact a medical professional.
Illinois moved into Phase 3 of reopening on Friday, May 29, 2020. What does that mean and what will be opening? We went through the guidelines to give you this summarized list. See the full guidelines at the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity website.
Phase 3 re-opening includes businesses reopening and group gatherings of up to 10 people. We must continue to social distance, frequently wash our hands, and wear face coverings when in public places where social distancing guidelines cannot be meet.
What’s Open in Illinois Phase 3:
- Retail: including clothing stores and shopping malls at half the capacity.
- Barbershops & Salons including nail salons and other personal care services, reservations only no walk-ins.
- Education & Childcare limited child care and summer programs, remote learning in P-12 schools, and higher education.
- State Parks open, park activities limited to groups of 10 or fewer with social distancing.
- Bars & Restaurants delivery, pick-up, and drive-thru. Outdoor dining areas may be open if social distancing can be maintained and groups must be of six or fewer.
- Gyms & Health Clubs may open for one-on-one personal training and outdoor classes for up to 10 people.
- Tennis Courts Indoor and outdoor tennis facilities are open with controls in place.
- Boating & Fishing boating allowed with capacity restrictions (see guidelines) fishing is permitted with social distancing and appropriate licenses.
- Camping with up to 10 people.
- Golf courses are open and players may be grouped in foursomes. Driving ranges and putting greens can open at 50% capacity. Golf carts are permitted for individuals of the same household. Clubhouses remain closed.
- Youth Sports are limited to drills, practices, and lessons that do not involve contact between individuals and allow for social distancing. No competitive games allowed.
- Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles is opening on June 1 & 2 – it will ONLY be handling expired drivers licenses and ID cards, new drivers, and vehicle transactions. See CyberDrive Illinois for full details.
Park District Openings in Phase 3
Individual Park Districts have announced the following openings:
- The Racket Club Tennis facility will open on June 8.
- The Lippold Park Family Golf Center driving range, practice area, and miniature golf will open June 15.
- The updated camp program is expected to open on July 6.
- Boat rentals at Main Beach will be available beginning June 8.
- The Hound Town Dog Park at Lippold Park is anticipated to open on June 15.
- Lippold Park Skate park and Batting Cages will open June 3.
- Beaches, Colon Palmer House, playgrounds, splash pads, and basketball courts will remain closed.
Public Library Openings in Phase 3
Individual Public Libraries have announced the following openings:
- Beginning June 8 they will begin accepting returns through the drive-through box only.
- Beginning June 15 the library will begin no contact curbside pick up.
- Drive-up book return at the main library will open on June 8.
We will add updates as we see them. Have news we missed? Share it in the comments!