Summer 2020 is going to look very different than the previous summer’s. We’re so sad to report that some of our favorite locales and festivals will be closed or canceled in 2020. We’re keeping a list here that you can easily reference to check on your favorites. We will update it as often as we can.
Updated: June 3, 2020
Canceled Summer Events:
- Ravinia Music Festival
- Wonder Lake 4th of July Celebration
- Lakemoor Fest
- McHenry Fiesta Days – postponed until Fall
- RISE Up Foundation Splash into Country Fundraiser – postponed until Fall
- Lakeside Festival, Crystal Lake – postponed until Fall
- Crystal Lake Independence Day Parade
- Traditional Day Camp at Crystal Lake Park District – other programs and camp options available in July
- Woodstock Dance Academy Summer programs
- America’s Cup Cardboard Regatta, Crystal Lake
- Lake in the Hills Rotary Club Rockin Ribfest
- Celebrate Fox Lake Parade and Fireworks
- Fox Lake Friday Night Concert Series
- Fox Lake Fathers’ Day Fishing Frenzy
- Fox Lake Get your Play On events for June and July
- Fox Lake Fishy Fridays for June and July
- Go Fox Lake Walks for June and July
- Barrington July 4th Brat Tent – postponed until September
- Barrington 4th of July Parade and Fireworks
- Barrington White House Open House
- MCYSA Summer Tournament
- Cary Fireworks
- Fox Lake Cardboard Boat Race, August 16
- Pearl Street Market, McHenry
- Bark-a-Paw-looza, Woodstock
Venues Closed for Summer 2020
- Woodstock Water Works
- Lions-Armstrong Memorial Pool, Algonquin
- Stingray Bay, Huntley
- Harvard Aquatic Center
- Crystal Lake Main Beach – opening postponed until further notice
- Crystal Lake West Beach – closed for the entire season
- Three Oaks Recreation Center, Crystal Lake – postponed until late June
- Barrington Aqualusion Pool
- East Park Beach, McHenry
We expect this list to grow over time as we receive more information. Did we miss your fave? Drop a note in the comments?
Coronavirus Information for Families
We want to make sure you are getting the best information and resources, no memes. Please use these sources for up-to-date information on what you should be doing to protect yourself and your family.
- McHenry County Health Department Coronavirus Page.
- Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus Disease Page
- CDC Coronavirus Disease Page – available in Spanish and Chinese
Family FAQ About COVID-19
We think that knowledge is power. Our friends at RocketCity Moms put together some frequently asked questions families might want to know with answers from the pros… not from some meme found on the Internet.
- What are the symptoms of the Coronavirus?
- How is it different from the flu?
- How does COVID-19 impact, pregnant women? Are they a higher risk if they contract the virus?
- Why are older adults more susceptible?
- How should families be reasonably preparing for a local outbreak?
- What’s the best way to disinfect your home?
- How can I explain Coronavirus to my kids in a way that isn’t scary?
- Coronavirus myths debunked
Cover your cough, wash your hands and be well friends!